Monday, February 2, 2015

Team Mindcrafters Daily Update 2-2-15 (Reading)

Parents,

I sure hope the Groundhog predicts an early Spring!  

I'll be submitting book orders tomorrow.  You may send in any paper orders to school, or order online by going to https://orders.scholastic.com/GJLYC.

I'm attaching the ELA sheets for this week.  There is no need to print these out, I just wanted students to have an opportunity to know their spelling words, vocabulary, and other items for this week.  There are three sheets that are color coded, the color will match the paper your child typically has their ELA sheet printed on.  All aspects are identical on these, except for the spelling lists.

I'm also including direct links to the Spelling City lists for this week's words.  Students have been struggling with spelling, and this list isn't easy.  I will give a Class Dojo point to anyone who takes a Spelling City practice test and prints out the results.

Green List

I was very pleased that most students were on track with their AR goal this past week. Today can be a great day to snuggle up with that book and work towards this week's goal!

Finally, if the weather permits, I hope students have a chance to get out there and play in all of this snow.  Please send any photos of snowmen, snow forts, etc to me, and I'll add them to our blog.

--
Mary Dressel
Whitehouse 4th Grade
Office Phone 419-877-0543