Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Team Mindcrafters Daily Update 10-12-16

Parents,

Homework.   Lasts night's Math homework took longer and was a little more difficult for students than I anticipated. My goal is usually to assign homework that should be able to be completed in about 20 minutes. I worked on putting the assignment together over the weekend and based on my working through it and the lesson length estimation given by Learn Zillion, I didn't expect it to take as long as it did with some students.  I'm sorry about that. I told the students who worked it through to completion that I was proud of their excellent extra effort and gave everyone who did it an extra class dojo point for "persistence."  Thank you to the parents who communicated with me (very nicely I might add) about having difficulty with the assignment and for those who helped your child last night get through the assignment.  I'll try to improve this assignment for next year's class. Again, sorry about any frustration or difficulty it might have caused.

Social Studies test - Review Social Studies test score here:



HOMEWORK:

Math:  AM Practice

Science: none

Reading: Read Ch. 6 of Lemonade War (This can count as your child's independent reading tonight.
  • AR Goal for Friday = 88% of AR goal for quarter
Social Studies: None.