Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Team Mindcrafters - snow day science challenges

Parents,

I sent this e-mail to your child today.

-Mr. Pransky

Well, here we are again...

Hopefully none of you are sitting around bored on these days off. (My mom always told me, "If you're bored then you're boring.") I hope you can use this time to do something creative like reading a book, writing a poem, drawing a picture, playing a board game, or learning something new.  

Since you have some extra free time today, how about doing some at home science?  I think its time for a Snow Day Science Challenge!

The floating paperclip experiment
I have linked a video that I made last year showing how to float a paperclip.  

The Power of Air Pressure - Hi Ya!

The Power of Air Pressure - Defy Gravity!

If you can do any of these experiments successfully, take a picture and e-mail it to me - I'll post it to our class blog.  You will also earn some extra class dojo points!

Have a good day off.  I hope to see you tomorrow.

-Mr. Pransky





--
Shane Pransky
Whitehouse Primary
4th Grade